Sunday, July 31, 2011

What If ??

There comes a time in every good custom wood workers life that he asks himself the what ifs ? what if that happened to me? What if I cut off one of my fingers? Well mine came along about a month ago June 30th at 4:02 pm to be exact. I wast finishing up this beautiful deck cutting stair stringers and I left saw on the board that I was cutting in half and as I went to seperate the two boards ... well long story short I got too close to the saw blade and the "what if?" came to pass when my pinky on my left hand was taken. You just never know when it can happen to you!




 The day after my accident, much to my wife's dismay, I returned to the project and finished the stairs. The home owner told me not to come back untill I had healed but I must have had drugs in my system still because the day after that was when I was in a lot of pain.

For those of you who can handle the sight of blood, here you go, for those who can't, you may want to skip ahead and I apologize ahead of time.









I think the surgeon did a really good job. So $10k later I'm down a finger and still going strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...